- A Systems Science
- R. Belohlavek, USA, G. Klir, USA, and P. Prautsch, Czech Republic
- B Mathematical Methods in Cybernetics and Systems Theory
- J. Scharinger, Austria
- C The Cybernetics of Cybernetics: Cybernetics, Interaction and Conversation
- R. Glanville, UK
- D Biocybernetics and Mathematical Biology
- L. M. Ricciardi, Italy
- E Living Systems Theory
- V. Kvitash, USA
- F Cognitive Rationality, Relativity and Clarity
- I. Ezhkova, Belgium
- G Governance of Knowledge & Technology as a Societal Distributed Process
- E. Buchinger, Austria
- H Management, Organizational Change, and Innovation
- M. Mulej, Slovenia, G. Steiner, Austria, and S. Umpleby, USA
- I Language Technology
- E. Buchberger, Austria
- J From Agent Theory to Agent Implementation - AT2AI-7
- J. Mueller, Germany, and P. Petta, Austria
- K Agent-Based Modeling and Simulation
- S. Bandini, Italy, G. Vizzari, Italy, and P. Petta, Austria
- L Companions, Virtual Butler, Assistive Robots: Empirical
and Theoretical Insights for Building Long-Term Social Relationships
- D. Heylen, Netherlands, B. Krenn, Austria, and S. Payr, Austria
- M Theory and Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- V. Marik, Czech Republic, and O. Stepankova, Czech Republic
- N Systems Education
- G. Ossimitz, Austria and G. Chroust, Austria
Acceptance of contributions will be determined on the basis of
Draft Final Papers. Each paper must explain clearly
- what problem it is trying to address,
- what has been tried before and why it isn't good enough,
- WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WHY IT IS BETTER,
- some proof that your method is sound (or reference to it),
- how it will help others/apply to other problems,
- some results/proof it works.
Draft Final Papers must not exceed 6 pages (10-point, double
column, style sheets are available), in
English. They have to contain the final text to be submitted,
including graphs and pictures.
They must carry the title, author(s) name(s), and affiliation
(incl. e-mail address) in this order, and must
include an abstract.
Please specify clearly the symposium you would like to submit your
paper to. Each scientist shall submit only one paper.
Authors should submit their manuscripts in electronic form by
email addressed to
Please send your paper as attachment in .PDF format only! Please
use the following subject header for your email:
"EM10_<letter of the Symposium you want to submit your paper to>_<Name of
This should also be
the filename of the manuscript. Thank you.
December 1, 2009
Submissions received after the deadline cannot be considered.
Authors will be notified about acceptance or rejection no later
than December 15, 2009.
Electronic camera-ready copies of the final paper will be due by
February 5, 2010. Acceptance of the final paper will be based on
compliance with the reviewers' comments.
It is understood that each accepted paper is presented
personally at the Meeting by one of its authors.
To ensure that all papers in the EMCSR'2010 proceedings have a
uniform appearance, authors are asked to adhere to the following
instructions. Please note that this already applies for the
preparation of draft final papers submitted for review!
- For LaTeX users, the following files are available for downloading:
- Formatting instructions in LaTeX format [20k]
- LaTeX style file [16k]
- Bibliography style [24k]
- MS-Word users may want to download:
- MS Word formatting instructions and style file [60k]
and follow the guidelines given therein (NB. the format of these files
conforms to the required formatting standard, so the printout may be
used to check the layout of your paper).
- Authors using other text formatting systems are asked to download
and print one of the files:
- Formatting instructions in Postscript format [200k]
- Formatting instructions in PDF format [156k]
- EUR 250,-- if received before February 5, 2010
- EUR 300,-- if received later
- EUR 350,-- if paid at the conference desk.
The Final Paper must be accompanied by the payment of the Conference Fee.
The Conference Fee includes participation in the Twentieth
European Meeting, attendance at official receptions, coffee during
breaks, and the volumes of the proceedings available at the
Meeting. Please send cheque, or transfer the amount (free of
charges for beneficiary) to the account no. 0026-34400/00 of the
Austrian Society for Cybernetic Studies at UniCredit Bank Austria, Vienna
Bank routing number: 12000,
IBAN: AT11 1100 0002 6344 0000,
SWIFT/BIC Code: BKAUATWW.
Please state your name clearly.
will be handled by
Verkehrsbüro-Ruefa Reisen GmbH
Dresdner Strasse 81-85
You can use Austropa's secure online hotel reservation form for your
booking. Information on the available hotels is provided
The International Federation for Systems Research is willing to
provide a limited number of scholarships covering the registration
fee for the conference for colleagues from weak currency
countries. Applications should be sent to the Conference
Secretariat before November 4, 2009 under all circumstances.
The conference organizers can accept no liability for personal
injuries, or for loss or damage to property belonging to
conference participants, either during or as a result of the
conference. Please check the validity of your personal insurance.
Professor Dr. Robert Trappl, President
Austrian Society for Cybernetic Studies
Professor Dr. Gerhard Chroust
International Federation for Systems Research
Dr. Paolo Petta
Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Austrian Society for Cybernetic Studies
A-1010 Vienna 1, Freyung 6/6 (Austria)
|S. Bandini (Italy) ||V. Marik (Czech Republic)|
|R. Belohlavek (USA) ||M. Mulej (Slovenia)|
|E. Buchberger (Austria) ||M. Mueller (Germany)|
|E. Buchinger (Austria) ||S. Payr (Austria)|
|G. Chroust (Austria) ||P. Petta (Austria)|
|I. Ezhkova (Belgium) ||P. Prautsch (Czech Republic)|
|R. Glanville (UK) ||L. M. Ricciardi (Italy)|
|J. Gratch (USA) ||J. Scharinger (Austria)|
|D. Heylen (Netherlands) ||G. Steiner (Austria)|
|G. Klir (USA) ||O. Stepankova (Czech Republic)|
|B. Krenn (Austria) ||R. Trappl (Austria)|
|V. Kvitash (USA) ||S. Umpleby (USA)|
| ||G. Vizzari (Italy)|
|G. Chroust ||P. Petta|
|S. Hayek ||E. Scherag|
|J. Matiasek ||R. Trappl|